Since assuming responsibility for the fair in 2012 the new fair committee, all members of The Rotary Club of Crewkerne District, have grown the street market which has proved to be very popular with customers of the adjacent supermarkets and with the population of Crewkerne and the surrounding area. As it is becoming better established it will be expanded carefully with the cooperation of surrounding businesses. Pricing is very reasonable.
We invite applications from traders interested in taking part in the stall market. There are places available in Falkland Square which opens on to the main street and is central to the town and the Funfair and there are places in The George Precinct which backs on to Lidl and the public car park. There are adjoining areas to expand into as the event grows. Trading areas are well signed from the town and funfair. There is a loading area behind the shops in Falkland Square with a very short carrying distance however there is no parking in that area but it is 50yds to the town centre car park.
Pitch Sizes and Fees:
- 1.5m for 1 day: £15
- 1.5m for 2 days: £25
- 3m for 1 day: £25
- 3m for 2 day: £45
- 6m for 1 day: £45
- 6m for 2 days: £85
To book a pitch please complete the online booking using the button above or send the booking form (below) and a cheque payable to ‘Rotary Club of Crewkerne District Trust’ with your form to Sandra Shore, 132 Park View, Crewkerne, TA18 8JJ
You confirm acceptance of the following by placing your booking:
- PAYMENT & CONFIRMATION: Bookings will be confirmed when we have received a completed booking form and full payment. Payment is non-refundable if not cancelled 28 days before the event.
- PITCH SUPPLY: Payment is for a “pitch” on the designated street or pedestrian precinct. The organisers are unable to provide tables, gazebos, tarpaulins or any other hardware. Please be aware that traders need to provide their own stalls and equipment. This is an open-air event.
- LOADING: There is a loading area behind the Falkland Square shops but there is no parking. It is only a very short carrying distance (about 50yds) to the town centre car park.
- PARKING: Parking on the street is seriously limited. Please go to the main car parks by the supermarkets and walk through to Falkland Square where a marshall or member of the committee will guide you to your pitch and loading area. Stallholders are responsible for their car park fees if applicable.
- PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE: It is highly recommended that all stallholders have their own Public Liability Insurance as no responsibility will be taken by the Rotary Club of Crewkerne District for any loss, damage, theft or accidents
- SECURITY: Traders are responsible for their own security. It is not possible for the organisers to provide security for the street market so please clear the site overnight.